"The worth of a book is to be measured by what
you can carry away from it."
Book Tunnel by Petr Kratochvil
In the life of an educator, there is something especially magical about summertime. I always have a million ideas of things to accomplish and books to read.
I enjoy when bloggers share their reading lists so I thought I would do the same. Below are the books that I have read this summer, the books I am currently reading and the books I plan to read this summer. I also provide a recommendation from 1 star (lowest) to 5 stars (highest).
Please note that all links are part of my Amazon Associates account and if you purchase one of the books by clicking through my website that I will receive a very small referral fee.
Have read this summer
- Awesome book about finding your passion and a social media marketing plan to brand yourself. 5 star recommendation
- Great book about keeping your day job while you pursue your dreams. 4.5 star recommendation
- One of my all-time favorite books. Pressfield breaks down the Resistance that prevents us from pursuing creative endeavors. 5 star recommendation
- This book is in the style of Zig Ziglar or other self-help authors who tell stories and relate content applicable to living a good life.
- Good book that relates how the best leaders are influencers.
- I have to throw in a fiction book along the way, especially when we visit the beach.
- This book was recommended by my college advisor and I just received it in the mail today. The book is for anyone who aspires to write. The story on the back cover is worth the price of admission.
Plan to read this summer
- The book above (Crush It!) was so good, I had to purchase his second book. Can't wait to read it.
- Guy Kawasaki has always written inspirational books. I'm looking forward to delving into this one.
- I've heard lots of great things about this book. This group of authors wrote another great book called Influencer: The Power to Change Anything, which was awesome.
QUESTION: What have you read this summer that is worthy of a recommendation?