Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Here we go...

“Don’t prepare. Begin” -Steven Pressfield, Do the Work

Today is a big day for me. Instead of “talking” about starting a blog, today I actually do the work!
I’m not exactly sure of the flavor of the blog just yet. I feel certain that I will post my thoughts on education, leadership and personal development.

Just so you know, I read several blogs on a daily basis that influence my thought processes. Topics includeleadership (Seth Godin, Michael Hyatt, John Maxwell, and Kerry Palmer), education (Dr. Frank BuckFree Technology for Teachers, Scott McLeod, Dan Meyer, Mighty Little Librarian, Michael Smith, and Suzanne Tingley), and personal development (Get Rich Slowly, Chris Guillebeau, Donald Miller, Daniel Pink, Steven Pressfield, and Presentation Zen)

I use Google Reader to follow my blogs. Google Reader consolidates all of the blogs that I want to read in one location. This saves me much time in going to each website every day to check for new content. If a new blog has been written, it is automatically updated in Google Reader. All you need for a Google Reader account is a gmail address.

I have, intentionally, not organized the site or worried about how it looks and flows, etc. I knew that I could spend days, weeks, or months trying to perfect how the site looks.

Instead, I decided to do the work and write today.

I have a couple of goals for the site:
  1. Write 3-4 times per week for the first month.
  2. When I do not feel like writing, write anyway!
So, what have you been “preparing” to do? Stop talking about it and do the work!

No comments: